Παρασκευή 30 Μαρτίου 2012

Without dissent there is no democracy - Part III

Republished interview of Tamassos and Oreini Metropolitan Isaiah, which was given to Antigone Solomonidou Drousiotou and published in the newspaper "Phileleftheros" on January 23, 2011, and statements such as the title we found them interesting enough so that you present.Metropolitan Isaiah: The Church and the mission making me rest.
What principles grew? I feel privileged because my parents watched and I have great gratitude. Six families, the father and mother wanted to be close to the Church, we grew up with love, there was debate and hold their own example.Your father was... Senior policeman. I grew up with strict principles, love of the fatherland, the Church and his fellow man. My parents are humanists and carried it to me.You were a free spirit. In fact I did my own revolutions, I liked the fun, I am very social and I spent a very happy childhood and adolescence, with the joys of the world. My family had financial freedom, my mother had a florist, my father a good salary, we do not ever denied anything. The misery of pain I knew it in the monastery of Kykkos.





What made you turn to monasticism? Even I did not understand exactly, but you can find me in early age. I do not know why but since I was little I wanted to become a priest.Growing up, I wanted to study economics, to develop the family business of Floristry, the army I had to think more, not spotted resting on what was going to do. I decided to look for the priesthood. I started talking to clergy, read books, I entered the seminary, I liked very much and there I discovered monasticism. I found myself. The church life and mission with the rest.Study and in the Moscow Zakorsk. Yes, at first I would go to study in the theological school of Boston, but had just become the perestroika and the Abbot told me that it would be best to study the theological school in Russia to open bridges with the orthodoxy there. At first I wanted, but he convinced me for the good of the Church and Monastery. I grew up in a family and nationalist thought forbidden area for me to Russia.I met new people, a great culture, rich tradition and I realized that sometimes appearances are deceptive. I understood that you should not judge people according to their party position, but how people are. With too much benefited my study in Russia, made me better cleric and man.Keep your contacts, bring priests from Russia and former Eastern European countries? Yes, I brought too many, but all these were done with the coordination of the Bishop of Kykkos. If I could not find that the Abbot, with an open mind, I could not express myself.He opened his wings, gave me opportunities to admonish, to paidagogise, trained me in mission and I owe too much. Even today as Bishop reminds me that I left the monastery and leave me many times find it difficult because I suffer and wants to know.He wants to become autonomous and fully largely been accomplished.How to deal with human behaviors like anger? By nature I do not get angry easily, but this item is sometimes exploited. When runs are liable to be severe because they should realize that they depend on you what should be done.Who is the greatest temptation for you; In national issues the Turkey and in spiritual the selfishness. I believe that we must fight even more my selfishness and some issues dub improvements. I try.It is a selfish young 40 year old like you have ambitions to Archbishop? It would be terribly arrogant, ungrateful and indecent.Human though. Yes, but for me it was blasphemy to think so, because very early I have given so much. My biggest ambition is to make the Cathedral Tamassos useful in the world, creating an infrastructure of philanthropy and intellectual proper management. I want to bring as many people to Christ and if the man opposite me is not orthodox, to help him discover the humanity, to become better. That is my ambition. There are competent, who can do better than me in the position of Archbishop. I have traumatic experiences from the archiepiscopal election and I do not want ever again to engage in such stories.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου