Τετάρτη 28 Μαρτίου 2012

Without dissent there is no democracy - Part I

Republished interview of Orini and Tamassos Metropolitan Isaiah, which was given to Antigone Solomonidou Drousiotou and published in the newspaper "Phileleftheros" on January 23, 2011, and statements such as we found the title interesting enough so that we present to you.

Metropolitan Isaiah: My commitments is the Gospel and my conscience.

Turbulent period of the archiepiscopal elections for Orini and Tamassos Metropolitan Isaiah. A period in which matured and landed on the needs of modern life. He says that unless he found the Kykkos Bishop Nikiforos, with an open mind, could not be expressed. He admits he wants to become autonomous and fully that largely has succeeded.

What are the needs of today? Spiritual and physical as it was always just the size and complexity of the problems have now changed. That is why the Church must find ways through a streamlined pastoral policy to maneuver in the way of handling problems and evolve in the management of problems.Now with the economic crisis, the problems have multiplied. How does the Church? In many ways. The Church must perceive it as an institution that has contact with the last citizen.The Cathedral Tamasos not a faceless institution, priests are 75 communities with 500 officers and hundreds of partners. Expanding the philanthropic work, until the last house.The Church of Cyprus made a decision at its last meeting and organized a synodal committee welfare and charity, which is in charge. We will create a non-governmental organization, which apart from the work of local Metropolis, will assume the general charitable work of the Church, so that everything be done in a more systematic way.

We disciples on the mistakes for progress of the Church of Cyprus

The Church will have the difficult times to give her money in the world than to invest in companies and airlines want to buy. The Church of Cyprus as a session spends a lot to charity and approve the budgets for each cathedral. It gives too much money at this point began shakes the foundations, because it is an economic crisis and the demands have multiplied. The 2/3 of their day, the Archbishop and Bishops sign checks and find money for the world.
Do you help the Turkish Cypriots with health problems? Yes, I helped coordinate with the Metropolitan of Kykkos. Now, as Bishop Tamassos try, but I have not afford. But he never asked anything from the Monastery of Kykkos and I deny it. To the extent that course can be difficult because today things.
You are dependent on the Kykkos monastery? I am fully indendent, but not economically.
What financial help? The salary of my employees pay part of the Archdiocese and our operating revenue Kykkos Monastery, where we build the new cathedral at the Bishopric, but not required to follow their own policy on any subject.


Disagree with them on some issues? Without dissent there is no democracy. Nobody can trample our thinking, especially when you are Bishop. I would not be consistent to the people who voted for Bishop, if I did not have free will to speak and move without any commitments. These commitments are in my Bible and my conscience.You disagree with Kykkos's Nikiforos? That "helps those who need more." He has more faith in me God. Seeing how it handles the issues of charity, logically should not cope.Always telling me to have faith, the Virgin will send. I admit that expresses the spiritual politics of Metropolitan Kykkos. I lived with him 18 years. I am a spiritual child, but many times on different terms have everyday and everyone pulls his way. I insist on what is to take responsibility.Played a leading part in the struggles. Yes, because it expressed too. The first game we made was humanitarian, with the creation of the Center for Emergency Aid Kykkos monastery. We organized a missionary department of which I had the coordination and visited dozens of countries. This is something that filled me and I miss this time.You lead also in archiepiscopal elections. Of course there could be different because I thought that was the best choice.Why lost the elections? Not lost the elections because we have capable Archbishop, who can coordinate the summit. Now why was not elected by my choice is a series of events, very traumatic for me. It was a very good experience with prosgeiose matured and the realities of modern life.Of course, the way has now been elected the Archbishop not to follow. It was a turbulent period when pathame pathame and all of us. I think everybody came out winners in that we saw that we must not let its human weaknesses and ambitions exceed our intellectual capacity. This experience has taught us many benefits and now the Synod.Disciples on the mistakes we progressed to the Church of Cyprus and our joint decision was that each Bishop to try to heal these wounds.What you did? I went and forgiven by those brothers had unfinished business.What is your relationship with the Limassol Athanasios? Too much good work is spiritual and one of my older monasteries, St. Irakleidios.You talked about the time of archbishop elections? Yes, we recognized that situations where none have gone had made everyone's prayer and self-criticism and move forward. My first visit outside Cyprus after the elections were in Vatopedi, I went to the Abbot and allilosynchorithikame problem because I had inside me.Why? Because it seemed to the world that Vatopedi Kykkos monastery and are of different situations and attitudes. We are children of the same God and should not be our personal spiritual characteristics to be a problem in our common ministry, because that scandalized the world and turns away from the Church. Whether deliberately or unwittingly, created through the archiepiscopal elections a conflict which should be recognized. So this should be cured, to become critical and we can all move forward trying not to repeat the same mistakes. 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου